Nicu Ciucur Scholarship
Nicu Ciucur had passion for education. He took great pride in every young person he knew
in the Romanian community who continued their education beyond High School.
He loved to encourage, at times even tease, young men and women to reach beyond
what they thought was their potential. We would like to continue that spirit.
This scholarship is designed to encourage Romanian youth to aspire to do great things,
and to open new doors of possibilities in their lives through higher education.
Purpose: To provide an annual scholarship to a deserving Romanian Baptist Youth that is active in supporting and contributing to their local church, shows an eagerness to achieve through knowledge, and intends to pursue a post-high school course of study at a four year college/university or intends to receive a Certificate of Biblical Leadership at Moody Bible Institute Distance Learning. www.moodycertificate.com
One High School Senior student will be selected to receive a $500 scholarship.
- Applicant must be a senior in high school.
- Applicant must state which school they will be attending
- Applicant must state their chosen major they will be pursuing.
- Applicant must be an active member of a Romanian Baptist Church.
- Applicant must show how he/she has served in his/her home church.
Applicant must submit the following items:
- Completed application form (if handwritten, please print legibly).
- Completed application must be signed by youth pastor and/or church pastor along with the applicant student.
- Answer the first two questions.
- Answer one of the three questions on the next page in 600 word or less.
Deadline for the application is June 23, 2017
*Applications must be postmarked by this date.*
Please mail your application to:
Nicu Ciucur Scholarship Fund
c/o Adriana Spirescu
13004 Meadow Green Rd.
La Mirada, CA 90638
Or email your application to:
Download the Application here:
** Essay Questions **
Please answer Question #1 and #2, plus one additional question of your choosing:
- Please tell us a little about yourself.
- Please share your testimony of how you came to believe and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ or how He has worked in your life.
- What do you believe is one of your spiritual gifts? How are you using your gift or plan on using it in your church, home, school and/or work?
- What qualities do you possess that demonstrate your commitment to personal growth and learning?
- Describe how you are serving in your local church and in your community outside of church.